5.19.2008

Sunday Morning Versus Real Life

I read a post this morning from Carolyn Mahaney, wife of C.J. Mahaney, in reference to the celebration of their anniversary this week. In the post she recounts their courtship. She recalls a question early on that she wondered about this man she would eventually marry...

"Was this guy as passionate in real life as he appeared to be on stage?"

What a piercing question for a pastor and one that really only his wife is best equipped to answer. I pray that my passion in real life will appropriately reflect my passion on Sunday mornings from 10:20 to 11:15. I pray that the Christ I preach about on Sunday mornings will be the Christ that I cherish and live for in "real life." I am thankful to God for a wife who has and will continue to alert me when that is not the case.

No comments: