12.04.2008

"There's Never Been A Night Like This On Planet Earth?"

Oprah, commenting on the upcoming inauguration of Barack Obama:

“There are not even words to talk about what this night means,” Oprah said of Obama's inauguration. “Everybody keeps using the word historic — there’s never been a night like this on the planet earth… Nothing can compare to this.”

Huh.

I'm thinking the day God said, "Light, be" and light was was a little more historic.

I'm thinking the day that God formed Adam from the dust of the ground and breathed the breath of life into him was a little more historic.

I'm thinking the day that God took a rib from Adam and fashioned it into a woman was a little more historic.

I'm thinking the day that all the first born in Egypt were killed by the Angel of the Lord was a little more historic.

I'm thinking the day that God parted the Red Sea was a little more historic.

I'm thinking the virgin birth of the Son of God, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the Root of David, and the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world was a little more historic.

I'm thinking the day that the Son of God, the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ was crucified on a cross for sin He had not committed on behalf of those who did committ it was a little more historic.

I'm thinking that three days later when the Son of God, Jesus Christ, rose from the dead for thejustification of sinners was a little more historic.

I'm thinking that forty days later when the Son of God ascended back to Heaven was a little more historic.

I'm thinking that the day He returns in clouds of glory and every knee bows and every tongue confesses that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of the Father will be a little more historic.

Maybe Oprah should be a little more careful with her history.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen