8.17.2009

What Kind of Legacy Are You Pursuing?

I came across this quote today from cnn.com concerning a recent interview with Jenny Sanford concerning the happenings surrounding her husband, Gov. Mark Sanford's, affair. The quote is extremely startling and accurate. Commenting on the mid-life crisis that her husband seems to be going through, Mrs. Sanford remarked,

"Midlife aging is different for men than for women," she says. "Mark is worried about what his next job is. He worries about making money, running for office again, his legacy. I know my legacy is my children. I don't worry about that."

What a remarkable difference would be made in the families of America if both mom and dad saw their most important legacy as their children and invested in them accordingly.

Jenny Sanford is to be commended for the legacy she is pursuing.

I am so thankful for a wife who sees her main legacy as that of our children and I am praying that as a Dad I will follow her example.

No comments: