7.03.2008

"FireProof" Outreach

Holly and I had the opportunity a few weeks ago to see a screening of Fireproof, which is the third film project of Sherwood Baptist Church. Their first two were Flywheel and Facing the Giants. This movie is by far the best of the three and I think will have the greatest impact inside and outside the church.

Next week, I am going to begin planning an outreach/inreach strategy around this movie that will coincide with our current series through the Book of Ephesians. The movie opens on September 26th and in the providence of God we will be in Ephesians 5 dealing with the roles of husbands and wives and God's purpose in marriage as it relates to Christ around this time. I ask that you pray for me over the next week as I seek the Lord's will in planning this outreach to our community and inreach to our church families and especially as I plan the sermons that will accompany this outreach. Below is the trailer for the movie. Enjoy and make plans to see the movie in your area when it opens on September 26th. For more information, you can go to http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/.




No comments: